Tested Heavy Metal and Lead Free
Artificial Turf for Homeowners
At Grn Envy, we guarantee that our artificial turf is 100% free from heavy metals and lead. You should be able to feel confident that your family and pets are safe when they play outside in your backyard, and with Grn Envy you can! To ensure your peace of mind, we have independent third party testing done on all our products, so you can be sure that when we say our artificial turf is safe for children and pets, it really is.
Why Homeowners are Choosing Artificial Turf
Artificial turf is becoming huge among homeowners, and it’s not hard to see why. It requires LITTLE OR NO maintenance and no water at all. With financing options...water savings may pay the financing costs in "savings" alone. Innovations in artificial turf have made it gorgeous and natural looking, not at all like the fake looking artificial grass of years past.
Site -Base Preparation
- Optional : Remove up to 3 - 4 inches of existing sod and/or dirt. If desired, cap and/or remove any sprinklers. Be sure to set a rough grade for drainage.
- Optional: Lay 2 - 2-½ inches of drain rock, hose down, then using a vibrating plate compactor, , wet the material and compact to 90%.
- Optional: Lay the barrier fabric over compacted base material selected.
- Optional: Use gopher guard to prevent damage form rodents like gophers, voles and moles
- Required; Lay 1 - 1-½ inches of either class II road base or decomposed granite.
- Hose down and then use a vibrating plate compactor to compact to 90%.
- Make sure base surface is as level and as smooth as possible, or contoured as desired.
- Create a slight grade for optimal drainage.
Homeowners everywhere are turning to synthetic grasses and with good reason!
Increase leisure time
Stop spending time on Maintance and the costs of weekly cutting and service of the lawn. Instead of spending hours every week mowing and watering your lawn, imagine relaxing outside, looking out over a perfect lawn, and never having to worry about maintenance ever again!
- Water savings: As water prices rise, it is becoming more and more important for homeowners to save money on their water bills. Natural grass is a huge waste of water. Grass is thirsty and requires a lot of water just to stay alive, but you don’t get any benefit from that water that you are spending so much money on. How much better would it be to never have to water your lawn again, and instead just use water for something that will benefit you and bring you joy, like a vegetable garden or some flower beds?
- Fuel savings: Most people don't think of fuel as being a major cost associated with keeping a lawn, but it does take gasoline to run a lawn mower. Worse, lawnmower fuel is often more expensive than the gas you use for cars because many lawnmowers can’t have any ethanol. And lawnmowers are notoriously bad about producing carbon emissions. When you switch to artificial turf, you will not only be saving money from not having to fill up your lawnmower with gas, but you will also be helping to save the planet!
- Time savings: Artificial turf doesn't require any maintenance. Think of all the time you currently have to spend mowing, fertilizing, weeding, watering, aerating, and otherwise maintaining your lawn. With artificial turf, you will be able to spend all that time doing something you would rather be doing, like relaxing in your beautiful backyard.
- Increase your home value: An artificial lawn can even increase your home value, just like any major improvement.
- Portable: If you move and don’t want to leave your artificial lawn behind, you can pull it up and take it with you. You can’t do that with a regular lawn or garden!
- Pet and child friendly: Our artificial grass at Grn Envy is completely pet and child friendly. Not only is it non toxic and free from dangerous heavy metals, but it is also durable and comfortable to run, roll, and play on. Set up a sprinkler for the kids to run through (though of course the grass does not need the water) and you will love the fact that you don’t have to worry about the grass dying from being trampled. Your kids will never track mud into the house again. And our artificial grass can easily be rinsed off to clean up any animal messes, so it stays clean and beautiful.
- Eligible for rebates and government programs: Artificial turf is an energy saving and resource saving upgrade that is good for the planet. You may be eligible for rebates and programs that will make it more affordable for you to install your artificial grass. When you contact Grn Envy about your artificial turf installation, we will help you figure out what rebates and programs are available in your area and how to go about applying for them.
Common Myths About Artificial Turf
There are many common myths and misconceptions about artificial turf. We are here to put them to rest and teach you the truth about artificial grass so you can make the best decision for yourself, your home, and your family.
Myth 1: Artificial Grass is Bad for Pets
False! At Grn Envy, our artificial turf is completely safe for pets. It is non toxic and free from all heavy metals. It is easy to clean up, too. Just pick up any solid waste like you would at the park or on a regular lawn, and use a hose to rinse off liquid waste to prevent it from causing smells. We recommend that you choose a low face weight artificial turf option to make rinsing easier.
In fact, our artificial turf is even better for pets than a natural lawn. You don’t have to worry about your pet eating a plant that is harmful or poisonous. You can let your pet outside even if it’s just been raining, without worrying about mud. Ticks and fleas will not nest in artificial grass, so you do not have to worry about your fur babies being bugged, literally, by itchy pests. And you definitely won’t have to worry about your animals getting poison ivy oils on their fur and bringing it inside to give you a rash – always a risk when pets are able to run around outdoors.
With artificial turf, your pets will be happy and you will be a happier pet owner. What’s not to love?
Myth 2: Artificial Grass is Too Expensive.
False! Artificial grass has some up front investment, but it quickly pays for itself in water savings. Some estimates put the payoff time at three years – not a bad return on investment! Since artificial turf is warrantied to last for at least 15 years, you have a good 12 years when your artificial lawn is going to be putting money directly in your pocket. And with all the rebate programs, cash incentives, and financing options that are available to you, there’s really no reason not to make the investment.
Myth 3: Artificial Grass is Full of Toxic Chemicals
False! At Grn Envy, all our artificial grass is completely non toxic, lead free, and heavy metals free. It is completely safe for your kids and pets to play on our artificial grass. All our or ducts are tested by an independent lab to give you extra peace of mind about your family's safety.
Myth 4: All Artificial Grass is Pretty Much the Same (And It’s All Ugly).
False and false! There are many different levels of quality in artificial grass, and ours is the best in the industry. You have to look at the type and density of infill, the materials used to make the blades of “grass,” the density of grass blades, the drainage methods, the quality of installation, the warranty, and many other factors to determine the quality of the artificial grass you are getting. Sure, you could pay much less to buy artificial grass that really is terrible quality, and after a couple of years you would be lamenting to your neighbors about how tacky your yard was starting to look and how you hadn’t even made back your investment in savings yet. Or you could invest in the high quality of Grn Envy and look with pride and pleasure at your lawn every day for the next 15 years or more.
How to Install Artificial Turf
When you buy artificial turf from Grn Envy, we provide professional installation from Artificial Grass and Turf and Artificial Grass NorCal. You don’t have to worry about it, and you will get a perfect, professional installation job. However, we also know that many homeowners like to do these things themselves. There is a certain pride that comes from having done a major installation like this yourself and knowing that you can do it. Therefore we also give instructions on how to install your artificial turf, if you want to be a DIY homeowner and get your hands dirty.
- Spread out the turf upside down (with the grass facing down) in the sun for 1-2 hours before you begin the installation process. This will let it acclimate, and it will make it easier to work with.
- Use pressure treated boards on the edges to frame the turf and protect it against dirt. Use 2x4 boards for straight areas and 1x2 boards for curved lines.
- Lay the turf where you are going to place it, and trim off any excess. Use a carpet knife to cut it, and make sure you cut it on the back side of the turf.
- Starting at one end, nail down the turf with nails about 4 inches apart. Stretch the turf as you go. In the middle of the turf, place nails about 1-2 feet apart. Use size 40-D nails or 60-D 6” nails.
- To seam the turf, you can use nails or tape. Nail the turf together with nails about 3 feet apart. Do not counter sink nails; instead, stagger them. If you are using tape, place the tape with turf upside down and then turn the turf right side up so that the tape is sticky side up. Leave about 3 inches extra on the ends. Make sure the seam looks good, then peel the liner up and stick the opposite piece of turf on. Make sure that both pieces of turf have the grain going in the same direction and that the space at the seam matches the stitching gauge. Make sure that the pieces of turf are both taut so that you do not have any gaps or folds in the turf.
- Power broom the turf before adding infill.
- Add infill using a drop spreader. Spread infill with a broom or a grading rake until it all fills to the bottom of the turf.
- Power broom the turf again to get all the blades standing straight up.
- Using carpet scissors, trim off any excess turf blades.
- Use a broom or blower to clean area.
*Artificial Grass Installation Provided by our subsidiary Artificial Grass NorCal (DuMore Inc.) Licensed and Bonded