In fact, our installation crews are able to do every aspect of yard renovation you may desire or need.
Often times we will recommend to you ways to enhance your yard with drought tolerant alternatives that may actually reduce even turf areas to provide a cost effective “wow” look that incorporates lower cost plants and materials that enhance the over all look and compliments the Synthetic turf concept yet reduces the amount or turf area
Many golf courses already use artificial grass because it gives a perfect playing surface that doesn’t die when it gets thirsty. Sports stadiums have discovered the value in having a tough, durable grass that won’t turn into mud puddles when it rains. And more and more homeowners all over California are discovering how much time and money they can save by switching to artificial grass – and they end up with an even better yard for their kids and pets to play in!
At GRN ENVY, we are passionate about helping you to save money and the environment by switching to artificial grass for their lawns. Natural grass lawns guzzle water and give no benefit except that they are pretty to look at and nice to walk on. What if you could have a gorgeous, comfortable lawn that never needed to be watered or mowed?
Is Artificial Grass Safe?
Yes it is! At Grn Envy, we sell only non-toxic artificial grass that is completely free from heavy metals, lead, and other toxins. It is perfectly safe for your pets and your kids to roll around on our artificial turf, roughhouse, or even lie down for a nap in the sunshine.
Is Artificial Grass Clean?
Artificial grass is fast-draining, so you can spray it down if it gets dirty (for example, if a pet leaves a smelly mess on it). In fact, compared with natural grass, it is much easier to keep artificial grass clean because you never have mud or dirt coming up from below. Little shoes and paws will never again track mud into your house, because no matter how wet it is outside there is no actual soil for them to get into.
Is Artificial Grass Eco-Friendly?
The whole point of artificial grass is that it is eco-friendly. It saves water and keeps you from producing carbon emissions when you mow, since it never needs to be mowed. It never has to be fertilized or have pesticides applied, so you are not putting chemicals in California’s waterways. And when it has finished its life (Our artificial grass is warrantied for at least 10 years with a 30 year lifetime expectancy), it is completely recyclable.
Is Artificial Grass Easy To Install?
Artificial grass is not particularly complicated to install. If you can install a carpet in your home, you can install artificial grass in your back yard or front yard. However, if you don’t want to mess with it, you can easily and affordably get artificial grass installed by one of the professional local contractors we work with at Grn Envy.
How Much Money Will I Save With Artificial Grass?
Some experts estimate that Californians spend as much as 60% of their water consumption just on their lawns. That means you can cut your water usage by 60% by switching to artificial grass.
Most homeowners find that the water savings pays for the cost of putting in artificial grass within 3 years. This isn’t even counting how much you will save in gas and maintenance on your lawnmower, the possibility of not having to buy a lawnmower at all, and all the time you won’t have to spend watering or mowing.
Is Artificial Grass Affordable?
At Grn Envy, we make every effort to make our artificial grass affordable for ordinary homeowners. The State of California has also created several financing and rebate programs to help homeowners switch to resources-saving solutions such as artificial grass. Give Grn Envy a call today for a free consultation and estimate, and we will help you find your best options for being able to afford to switch to artificial turf!
At GRN ENVY we are focused on providing our customers with product and service that surpass industry (and your expectations) in every way with the highest levels of customer satisfaction we will do everything we can to meet your expectations.
With a variety of selections, and offerings to choose from, we're sure you'll be happy working with us and the value of our products.
Here are a few more installation Tips:
Turf should be rolled out under the sun with blades facing down at least 1 - 2 hours before installation. This will allow the turf to acclimate and as a result make it easier to work with.
- Lay out turf onto base and position where needed. Using a carpet knife/razor knife, cut off excess turf on the backside (3 stitches in from sides). Cut turf (on backside) to fit area.
- Fasten one end with 60-D nails of 6 - 7 inches in length, spaced 3 - 4 inches apart along the edges. Stretch turf and fasten with nails as you move across to the opposite end. Place a nail or U-shaped landscape staple every 12 - 36 inches throughout center and every 3 - 4 inches along the perimeter.
2. Fasten together any seams using U-shaped landscape nails spaced about 12 inches apart. Do not counter sink nails along seams. Seaming tape should be used to secure seams. Apply tape lengthwise to the bottom side of turf, leaving 3 inches (if using 6 inch wide tape) stuck to turf and 3 inches hanging off. Lay turf back down (Tape should be sticky side up.
Note: Be sure the seams are taut and precise, the grain of the turf is all facing in the same direction, and the space at the seam is the same as the stitching gauge.
3. After turf is installed, power broom before applying infill. Apply infill onto turf using a drop spreader. Spread infill as evenly as possible with a grading rake or broom until infill settles into the base (Thatching) of the turf.
4. Broom again so that the blades are standing straight up. Use carpet scissors to trim off the excessive turf blades. Clean the surrounding area with a blower or a broom..
Tips For A Professional-Looking Synthetic Grass Install
5. Prior to installation lay turf out under the sun for at least 1 - 2 hours to allow turf to acclimate. This will make the backing less stiff and the turf easier to be power broomed. Always stretch and install turf taut. One yard of base materials will cover 80 square feet at 4 inch depth (1 Yard = 1 Ton).
6. Do not overlap seams.
7. Never drive nails too far into base because this will create a noticeable dip.
8. Always power broom prior to
9.. Always run grain of turf in the same direction. Use a 2 x 4 (straight line installation) or 1 x 2 (curve line installation) of synthetic or pressure treated wood bender board around the perimeter of turf area to frame and protect the turf from soil and debris..
Note: A 50 Ib. bag of sand will typically cover a 25 sf. of turf. Therefor 100 lbs covers 50 square foot area at 2 lbs/sf.Click here to edit text